bru goals & objectives
• Citizens/locals are keen to pick up and play the game.
• Relationship with IRB, CAR and BNSC to assist us in development and growth of the sport.
• Strong and Effective Leadership by BRU
• Maximise the profile and Value of Rugby
• Increase participation in CAR and IRB events
• Lack of proper administration i.e. offices, national grounds and an outdated constitution
• Part time administrators i.e. executive members conduct rugby matters secondary to their normal jobs
• Lack of sponsorship for the various leagues and lack of fundraising activities
• A comprehensive program which we believe can achieve great results in its implementation
• Employ Full Time Administrators
• Increased number of international competition regionally.
• All neighbouring countries are rugby playing therefore available competitors.
• Access to technical support from neighbouring advanced playing countries i.e. South Africa and Namibia.
• Increased BNSC, IRB funding to our development program
• The tertiary education system offering rugby level I course accreditation or as an option to Physical Education Students.
• Independently running level I coaching and refereeing courses to the public.
• BISA acceptance of rugby in its association as a ball sport.
• Adopt the Strategic Investment Programme of the IRB.
• HIV/AIDS, fear of its contraction through playing rugby.
• The physical/contact nature of rugby keeps a lot of people away and harder to overcome in women.